Thursday, March 18, 2010

~GroovyGurlZ feat. Les Coquettes~

YAY!! The day has finally come to announce the debut of the GroovyGurlZ Design Team, and the new release of a great stamp set from StampInsanity Stamps called Les Coquettes - "The Flirty Girlies" in French!! See I'm already learning new things!!
Our debut challenge is a simple sketch challenge, but it's an awesome sketch to play with. We can't wait to see what everyone can come up with!!! And you have got to check out the rest of our Groovy Gurlz blogs to see their amazing projects they came up with using this set and sketch!! They will definitely knock you out of your seats with their stunning work, so don't miss any of them. Be sure to hop through each of them!!
So do you have what it takes to groove with the GroovyGurlZ?? I bet you do!! Let's see those projects!!
Please share your creations with us using the challenge code SISC1 for SI Sketch Challenge #1, and by linking your project HERE
For my sketch challenge, I chose to use the sassy and cute, Pierrette and the Les Coquettes sentiment -- "To Understand is to forgive". Pierrette caught my eye immediately! Beyonce has an alter ego, so why can't I?? And Pierrette definitely fits that personality that I have. And how great is that sentiment....it's so true...but however...Pierrette has a different twist on it!
Here's the inside of my card. Pierrette is waiting to let you know that the sentiment on the front, doesn't always mean what you think!! Here I came up with a different twist to that sweet sentiment! Don't let Pierrette fool ya by her sweet demeanor, she's got a sassy and flip side, and here she shows it off!!! So of course, the inside sentiment isn't included in the Les Coquettes sentiment set.

~SUPPLIES USED~

Les Coquettes Collection

CutCardStock.com -- Curious Iridescent Cryogen White

SU Whisper White Cardstock

The Paper Company "Citrus Fuchsia"

DCWV -- All Dressed Up Stack

DCWV -- Christmas Cardstock Stack

Scalloped & Classic Oval Nestabilities

RibbonFX -- White

Skittles -- Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink -- Meadow

Font -- Andrea Regular

SU "Taken with Teal" & "Pink Passion" Classic Ink Pads

and last but not least

I'm entering this card in the following challenges...

Ooh-la-la Creations -- Anything Goes

The ABC Challenge -- Q is for Quotation

Crafty Creations -- Spots and Dots

Fab n Funky -- It's All New (which would be my ribbon and the new release digi stamp)

Little Red Wagon -- Copics

Creative Card Crew -- Going Dotty

Pollycraft Monday -- Sparkly Things

19 comments:

Alison said...

Jeri, I love this card so much! I love your inside sentiment, and the fact that you used Pierette 2 times! awesome! And thank you so much for helping the techno-dork out! I am so greatful!

Anonymous said...

WOOOO HOOO! I'm loving your card lady!!!!! Thanks for always putting down your copic recipe-i'm saving them for when i learn lol :)

xoxo
ME!

Jennifer said...

Wow, your card is over the top. I love that sentiment on the inside of your card. AWESOME! I always forget to decorate the inside of my cards. I will try to remember because it looks amazing.

Tonya Klar said...

I just think this is the best thing EVAH!!!! That inside sentiment should have been included in the set!!! I love your card. You are brilliant! I'm so glad to be working with you!

Marlene said...

HA HA HA!!! My kind of card!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Your card is AWESOME Jeri, I just love it, I love your colours and those stamps are WOW!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Jeri! This is crazy-gorgeous!!! Your coloring is OUTSTANDING!!! Love what you did with the sentiment! How PERFECT!!!!

Sonia said...

Absolutely Beautiful, love the sentiment and the image. Great colors!!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Julie said...

Oh my, is that sentiment on the inside just HILARIOUS! I love what you did with the entire card -- great colors, great coloring!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I can't get over these sentiments! They're my fave!!!
... and look at all those pretty color markers ;)

hugs, margie

Laura B said...

Great card! Definitely makes me smile.:)

-Laura

Wendi said...

Fabulous card I love those words made me smile, love that image thanks for sharing again with us at ooh la la I so enjoy your blog
Wendi

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

andrea said...

gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Rose said...

So glad you joined us on crafty creations this week

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Emma said...

Such a stunning card Jeri, I love the image and sentiments.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and I love that quote!! Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Sandie said...

Stunning card. Love that image. Wonderful colours and detailing!!

Thanks for joining us on ABC Challenges.

BLOG AWARDS

BLOG AWARDS

Deborahs Blog

THANKS TERRY!!


Tracys Blog

Brendas Joy