Tuesday, February 19, 2013

~MISSING MY BABY BOY~

As many of you know, my baby boy left for basic training 9 days ago. :( My husband's been in the US Army for the past 17yrs, and through 3 deployments, this is an entirely different feeling for me, I guess because now I'm mom going through it. I know I have to put my selfish pity aside and be happy that he's following his dreams and making a future for himself and his future family. 

 I just wanted to share a card I made for him. His 19th birthday is tomorrow, and I know this won't arrive in time, but wanted him to know how much I was thinking about him and missing him and MOST of all how PROUD I am of him and the young man he's becoming!!
Love you Christopher!!
 ~Supplies Used~
Bazzill Basics Paper - Martha's Vineyard Collection I
Cryogen White Cardstock
Stampin Up - GodSpeed 
Service & Sacrifice
Tim Holtz Distess Ink Pads - Antique Linen, Old Paper
Colorbox Cat's Eyes Ink - Brown
Copics - E33, E34, E35
G99, G94
E25, E23

6 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Aww, Jeri what a proud Momma you must be. Beautiful card....he is going to love it!!

Unknown said...

WOW Jeri, a fabulous card, I am sure your Son, knows how much you LOVE him, my son, just came home from Afghanistan, lately, good luck to your Son, love and hugs xxxx

Nana Donna said...

Fabulous card Jeri, I love that image. I know how proud you must be, I have 2 grandsons in the Navy one is currently deployed on a submarine he is a Sonar Tech, however I think basic training was the worst. Thank him for his service
Hugs
Donna

Sharla said...

Your card is amazing, your son will love it! Please tell your husband and son thank you for their service. :)

Angi Barrs said...

I'm sending a salute over to your son! I'm a veteran of the Marine Corps. He will do great. I know you guys are so proud of him!

Unknown said...

I would love to do this for my the veterans in my home i have a retired army vet both hubby and son but i cant find this stamp can you help me ... Aloha from Hawaii .

BLOG AWARDS

BLOG AWARDS

Deborahs Blog

THANKS TERRY!!


Tracys Blog

Brendas Joy