Monday, December 05, 2011

~Sketchy Inspiration at The Sweet Stop~

Happy Monday!! Well hopefully it'll be a happy Monday for everyone! It's a cold one here in Arizona, so I think a day of crafting and keeping warm is in order!! 
I came across a great challenge at The Sweet Stop, a sketch challenge, which I hardly ever do, but I loved this one for some reason. So, I decided to give it a try. I made this card for a dear friend of mine that lost her husband a few days ago. I hope it lets her know how much we're all thinking about her. We love you Mary!


On to the sketch... The sketch below is what we were to follow at The Sweet Stop. We could turn it, flip it, change the shape but needed to stay as close as we could to it, so I believe I accomplished that. Sometimes it's nice to have that inspiration, whether a picture, a sketch, an idea to jumpstart your creative juices. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my card. I appreciate ya taking the time out of your busy day! Have a great week!!
~SUPPLIES USED~ 
Elisabeth Bell (Elphine House Australia) Rubber Stamp - Daisy 
Card Sketch - The Sweet Stop
K & Company - Studio K - Blue Distressed Wood Flat Paper
Chatter Box - Scrapbook Walls - Butter Bloom
Chatter Box - Scrapbook Walls - Great Room Floral

CutCardstock.com - Cryogen White Cardstock
Colorbok - White Cardstock
Fiskars - Border Punch - Threading Water
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
JustRite - Victorian Nested Frames
                      Sympathy Nested Sentiments
Pebbles I Kan Dee - Chalks
CTMH - Edge Distresser
1/4" Nylon Woven Edge Ribbon - Cream
Offray - 1/8" Polyester Double Face Satin - Cream
Bow Easy
Copics - 
Hair - E50, E31, E33, E37
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20
Flowers - R20, R22, R27
Shirt - R22, R27, R46, R59
Jeans - B91, B93, B95, B97
Grass/Leaves - G12, G82
Entering the following Challenges
The Sweet Stop - SSS137 Sketch
Crafting When We Can - Borrow A Sketch
2 Sisters Challenge - Punches/Dies 
Craft Your Days Away - Buttons or Bows
Card Makin Mamas - Sentiments

6 comments:

Hazel said...

A sweet little image and you've made it in to a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Poppet said...

Such a sad reason to be making a card but you have done it beautifully Jeri.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

paper fun said...

Nice card for such a soleumn occasion. I wish your friend the very best.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty card. Hope it will cheer your friend. The image is so sweet and I love how you threaded the ribbon. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Made by Mandy said...

I absolutely adore that cute image and this is a fab card. Love the decoration in the inside too.

Many thanks for joining in with our Be Square challenge over at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Jeri, this card is so sweet! I love the sketch, too..... you found a great one! And that image is too precious! I own that stamp, too...... need to ink her up more often.

BLOG AWARDS

BLOG AWARDS

Deborahs Blog

THANKS TERRY!!


Tracys Blog

Brendas Joy