Monday, February 08, 2010

~THINKING OF YOU with LOVE~

Phew!! This card gave me a run for my money!! or maybe just my sanity lol It is afterall being entered over The Cutting Cafe. Regina Easter was one of the first ladies I had contact with over on the Cricut board. I admired one of her creations and emailed her questions about how she done it. When she replied, she was so very nice and helpful. She didn't try to 'guard' her techniques but instead she taught me how she achieved them. From that day on, I have been a huge fan of hers. Two years later, I've gotten up enough nerve to enter one of her challenges lol
So.... I made this card today with both of the sets that Regina was offering for free. Along with these free sets, Regina has a challenge for everyone!!
We are to use one or both of the free sets to make a project and submit it by midnight on Feb.13th.
If my card is chosen, I have the chance at winning 4 free stamp sets of my choice...sooooo I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but with the talent over there, I better go get the tape and cross everything!! Such talent in this blogiverse!! I'm honored to be around everyone and have learned so much from those I've come across in this short period of time. Ok anywho....lol

I chose to use the teal and brown colors from the two sets. Two of my fave colors! I think it could go both for a man or woman. I'm thinking I may give this one to my husband now and send yesterdays to my in laws for Valentines. Decisions decisions!

Thanks for looking and hope I you like!

~SUPPLIES USED~
Stampin' Up Whisper White Cardstock
Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol
Tombow Markers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink -- Walnut Stain
Colorbok -- Metal Gift Tag
Karen Foster Design Rub-bits -- Thank You
Decorative Ribbon -- Brown/Blue
Recollections -- Gemstone Brads
Smooch -- Moonlight & Molasses
Sorry for all the pics but I just couldn't get a great picture, so hopefully one of these caught a great angle!
I'm also entering this card in the following challenges
Crafty Cardmakers -- Hearts & Romance
Totally Stampalicious -- Heart(the inside of the O is a heart)
Rosie D's -- Just For Men (hopefully this meets the masculine theme..I think so with the colors used, but everyones interpretation is different.)
Our Creative Corner -- Masculine Valentine
Bee Crafty -- Romance or Loving Theme
Pile It On -- To The One I Love
ABC Challenge -- 'N' Is for New (everything on this card is NEW..all gifts!)
Creative Card Crew -- Valentines
Crazy 4 Challenges -- Be My Valentine
Double Dutch -- Be My Valentine
Lily-Boo Too -- One Ribbon, One Tag
PaperPlay Challenges -- Love Notes
Papertake Weekly -- Love Actually

42 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Jeri, what a delightful card, thanks for sharing it with us at OLL. Hugs x

kim.mom said...

Jeri,

WOW!! This card is AWESOME!!! I so love teal/brown together. I LOVE those flowers! I so never have the patience to cut things out but I need to because it adds so much to your card!!! I LOVE it! That love embellie it tooo sweet! Great job as always!

~JulieH~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The colours and design are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining Us at LB2 this month
Juliex

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with your great work!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card! The LOVE tag is awsome!

I had to drool my way through your Twilight stuff at the top to get to it (was so tempted to stay and drool a while longer, but I was itching to see your work so had to say goodbye to Edward on my way through!)

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's .

We hope to see you again soon!

Good luck.

Rosie
x

brenda said...

Hi Jeri

Very elegant and ideal masculine card and colours.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's this time round.

B x

Sandy said...

I LOVE this card...the colors are just wonderful and you flowers look amazing!

Unknown said...

Your blog is just fab with all these Twilight pics and your card is just as gorgeous, Love the colours you used xxx

Loopylou. said...

wow that is one pretty card, love your flowers. Thank you for popping over to join in the challenge over on LB2 xx

Deirdre said...

Great card - love the colors you used.... beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

Katie said...

Super card! I love all the 3D flowers and the colors are perfect!
Thanks for playing at LBT and PIO!

Totally Stampalicious said...

Fantastic card! Thanks so much for playing along!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous card!!!!!!!! i LOVE it!

you have my addy hee hee :)

sara

Regina Easter said...

good grief this is fabulous and thank you so much for your kind words...your a sweetheart....hey by the way, i don't think you link is right on the contest page...you might want to check that...hugs

Debbie said...

Your card is fabulous. Love those flowers. Thanks for joining us over at the belli challenge blog!

stitchy said...

Ahhh Jeri girl, I so love when I run into your cards on challenges and I get to come and post here, my favorite blog on the net lol...that card hun I have to tell you, stopped me in my tracks, that is so gorgeous, I want to just touch it lmao..you are a fabulous crafter hun, I am so glad we met...good luck in all your draws..
hugz
stitchy xx

Kelly said...

Awesome card, love the flowers. Thanks for playing along at The Cutting Cafe! Good Luck!

Wendi said...

Wow Jeri thats one gorgeous card and the colours are beautiful I am so pleased you found our challenge giving me the chance to see your creations and I loved the owl
Good luck on winning the blog candy and thankyou for your entry to Ooh La la hopefully we shall see you again
Wendi

Andrea M said...

Your card is fantastic! The colors are great. I really like the flowers and the metallic "Love". Gorgeous! Great job and thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Magda said...

Lovely card. Great colours! Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D`s challenge.
Magda x

Vixykins said...

Thats lovely Jeri, very trendy colours too! Has a kind of antique feel to it. Thanks for joiing us at crafty cardmakers x

DesertBuni said...

Love the colors!!! WOW, another amazing card...I like how you combined both those freebies from Regina, I never would have thought to do that!!!!! Love the layering of the flowers...and how you inked the edges and the detail you drew on the middle of the flowers! BEAUTIFUL...just beautiful!

Unknown said...

cool card!! Love the colors and all those lovely flowers.Thanks for playing along with the Totally Stampalicious challenge this week!!

Unknown said...

Goodness Jeri, this is striking! Your cards just keep getting better and better -

Luv ya,

Angela
SewManyCards.com

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Terrific card - great manly colors that really appeal to me with a little romance thrown in with the flowers. Wonderful job on the masculine valentine challenge. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Marlene said...

Beautiful job on this card. The extra work was certainly worth the end result!

Pauline C said...

Fab card jeri - love the striking flwoers and colours. Thanks for joining in this week's Creative Card Crew Challenge and good luck!
Pauline x

Tracy said...

First I got lost in all the twilight and then in your craft room LOl! But great creation for the Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous- love the layers of flowers, the papers - perfect! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Jackie said...

Great masculine card. Thanks for joining the RD challenge this week :)

Anonymous said...

Fab card, Thanks for joining us on
ABC challenge Samantha :0)

Julie M said...

Great card, Jeri. Love the blue/brown colour scheme and those layered flowers.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay (twice!) this week.

Julie :o)

Fern said...

Gorgeous Card!!! Love those flowers and the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!!! :o)

Luv 2 Create said...

Luv this card. Colors are wonderful and the flowers are really beautiful.

Mervi said...

Beautiful! Great card!!! Thanks for playing with us at Rosie D's, good luck;-))m

Marianne B in AZ said...

Jeri,

Your card is great! I know you will win at the very least one of the challenges, but I am predicting more than that!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just gorgeous, everything about it; the colors and especially the flowers.

Unknown said...

Wow, Jeri, I love them! Love the colours love the flowers, you know I am a big fan of flowers and yours are fabulous!!!

Bee said...

Gorgeous colours, love the layered flowers. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

Janna :)

katesacraftybugger said...

gorgeous card , thanks for joining us at lilyboos

BLOG AWARDS

BLOG AWARDS

Deborahs Blog

THANKS TERRY!!


Tracys Blog

Brendas Joy