Friday, August 27, 2010

~SMC #24....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!~

This week at Sew Many Challenges, our challenge is to make any project with a Birthday theme!! This one will be very easy for me...since my birthday is Sunday, Aug. 29th, and lucky me, I also share this day with my husbands nephew, my aunt, and lets not forget Michael Jackson, and the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina...so much for my own day haha Ahhh well, it's just another really, so I'm happy to share it with everyone. 

So for my challenge, I made a card for my husbands nephew. He's a really neat guy and has grown up to be a very responsible and mature young man. We're all really proud of him. So hopefully he'll like this card, as well as all of you!
We hope you'll join us for our challenge this week. Simon Says Stamp is our sponsor and we know how awesome they are!! Everyone would love to win a Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp...so hurry on over and join us!! 
Photobucket
Front
 Inside
 ~SUPPLIES USED~
Sew Many Cards -- Toga Birthday 
Sew Many Cards -- Toga with Cane
Sketch by Arianne
DCWV -- The Stack 6
DCWV -- Christmas Cardstock 
InkEssentials -- Glossy Accents
Copics
Computer Generated Sentiment -- Font - LD Unique
Stampin' Up Classic Ink -- Close To Cocoa
Metal Embellies from extras given on a pair of jeans I bought awhile back..lol
Stickles -- Baby Blue & Orange Peel

I'm also entering this into the following challenges---

C.R.A.F.T -- Milestone Birthdays/Anything Goes
Create4Fun Challenge -- Birthday
Paper Cutz -- Use Some type of Metal (jean embellies)
Wild Orchid -- Make It Sparkle
Cute Card Thursday -- Dying For a Punch - No Punches or Die Cuts (All cuts were made with trimmer or by hand)
Meljen's Designs -- Birthday

15 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Jeri, your birthday card is adorable... perfect! And that sentiment has me cracking up! Too funny!!!

kim.mom said...

Jeri,

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you have an AWESOME birthday!!!! I love your card!!! That sentiment is too cute!!! You did a great job!!! I hope you get pampered all weekend!!!

Tammy Miller said...

Great project Jeri very very cute!!! I hope you have a special day!!

Kym Weber said...

Jeri, what can I say? Your card is absolutely darling and amazing! I love everything about it! Your coloring is just out of this world! Love how Toga's shell shines! And the layering of designer paper is awesome! Perfect colors! The sentiments are just too cool - cracked me up! Spectacular job! You definitely rocked this challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Kym Weber said...

Oh yeah, almost forgot! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JERI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Have a fabulous birthday! And now you won't have to hear my voice singing to you on Sunday - it's awful! lol

~Hugs~Kym

Helen Dooley said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you. Happy Happy Birthday!
Great card! Thanks for playing on PCC this week.

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

sgc said...

Great card, Jeri! Love the inside:) Happy Birthday, dear lady!

sophiesmama said...

Great card Jeri! Happy birthday! Thanks for playing PCC!
Hugs,
Mary

Deanette said...

Happy Birthday Jeri! I sure hope you have an awesome day, love the card. Is that party hat not the cutest on his head?

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERI !!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

LOL, that sentiment cracked me up!! I love it and how perfect with the turtle image!!! So cute and the glossy accents on his shell is awesome!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Sprytebyrd said...

LOL! This is so funny!! And such a cute image! Great card!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Dena said...

Cute card and such a fun sentiment!
Thanks for joining in the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Vanja said...

Fabulous cards! I love the images.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week. :)
hugs, Vanja

Sandy said...

Cute cute cute! Love it! I'm not seeing your blog properly, something here won't load for me, but at least I can see the pictures of the cards! :)

Thanks for joining MelJens on this birthday challenge!
Sandy, DT memeber

BLOG AWARDS

BLOG AWARDS

Deborahs Blog

THANKS TERRY!!

Tracys Blog

Brendas Joy